Read my full session wrap-up here: 2019 End of Session Letter
I am excited about the continued growth and positive change Governor Hogan and Lt. Governor Rutherford have worked so hard to achieve. Marylander's are finally confident and optimistic about the direction Maryland is headed.
Governor Hogan has dramatically changed the culture in Annapolis and has recruited a very competent team of leaders to shake up the "status quo" and Change Maryland into a place our citizens can raise a family, grow a business, and retire.
Priorities, promises and commitments I share with Governor Hogan:
- Genuinely Committed to Our Students, Our Schools and our Future –it is not how MUCH we spend, but HOW we spend it.
- Fighting to Protect our 2nd Amendment
- Streamlining State Government to stimulate business and create jobs
- Reducing Taxes to Make it Easier for People to Work, Live and Retire in Maryland
- Rewarding Work and Allowing for Economic Opportunity
- Putting Maryland on sound financial footing by reprioritizing our budget and eliminating unnecessary spending
- Stopping "Gerrymandering" and recommending Constitutional changes on realigning our Congressional and Legislative Districts to reflect our communities of interest and keeping our counties together.
- Putting together a fiscally responsible transportation plan for our state starting with the lowering of tolls and aligning spending with how Marylander's travel - ON ROADS
I can assure you that we are already working on putting our fiscal house in order by re-prioritizing our budget and curbing unnecessary spending in order to reign in the current unsustainable trajectory we are on.
As your Delegate and a ranking Republican member of the House Health and Government Operations Committee, I am heavily engaged in all issues that impact healthcare in Maryland, in addition to my passion for ensuring a quality education for all children that equips them for the REAL WORLD and a commitment to our farmers and small business to reign in unnecessary regulations.
One thing that won't change is my steadfast commitment to constituent service. As always, if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns involving Carroll County or the state of Maryland, please feel free to contact me. If you are in Annapolis, please let me know and stop by and visit! Your views and suggestions are very important to me.