I am excited about the continued growth and positive change Governor Hogan and Lt. Governor Rutherford have worked so hard to achieve this past year. Marylander's are finally confident and optimistic about the direction Maryland is headed- it is moving in the right direction for the first time in years.
Governor Hogan has dramatically changed the culture in Annapolis and spent his first year assembling a very competent team of leaders to change the "status quo" and Change Maryland into a place our citizens can live, work and retire.
Some of the areas Governor Hogan has worked on throughout the last year:
- Streamlining State Government to stimulate business and create jobs
- Appointing a Regulatory Reform Commission tasked with actionable items to improve our business climate
- Focusing on Tax Reform for retirees and businesses
- Putting Maryland on sound financial footing by reprioritizing our budget, curbing unnecessary spending, and getting our pension obligations under control
- Stopping "Gerrymandering" and recommending Constitutional changes on realigning our Congressional and Legislative Districts to reflect our communities of interest and keep our counties together.
- Putting together a fiscally responsible transportation plan for our state starting with the lowering of tolls and aligning spending with how Marylander's travel - ON ROADS
I can assure you that we are already working on putting our fiscal house in order by re-prioritizing our budget and curbing unnecessary spending in order to reign in the current unsustainable trajectory we are on.
Governor Hogan has already made Maryland more business friendly and our tax code fairer so that we continue to improve the environment for creating jobs and keep Marylanders from leaving our state. We continue to make great strides in real changes that will help our Maryland working families, small businesses and farmers.
I could go on and on about Governor Hogan and Lt. Gov. Rutherford, but let me sum it up by saying - I LOVE THEM BOTH. They are exactly what Maryland needs to get our great State back on track again.
As your Delegate and a senior member of the House Health and Government Operations Committee, I will be heavily engaged in all issues that impact healthcare in Carroll County and Maryland, as well as education policy and funding, agricultural regulations and improving our roads and highways.
One thing that won't change is my steadfast commitment to constituent service. As always, if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns involving Carroll County or the state of Maryland, please feel free to contact me. If you are in Annapolis, please let me know and stop by and visit! Your views and suggestions are very important to me.
Susan W. Krebs